Back in the year 2000, Grant Morrison and J.G. Jones introduced readers to MARVEL BOY – a totally modern take on one of Marvel's most classic concepts. The alien diplomat-turned-outlaw Noh-Varr burst onto the scene, filling every page of his debut limited series with wickedly imaginative concepts and weaponry. Sure, the Kree agent would go on to join up with super hero teams like the Avengers and Young Avengers, but he wasn't so keen on Earthlings when he first crash landed on our planet.
Seeing as how threads from that initial limited series have woven their way into the pages of ORIGINAL SIN, we figured that now would be the perfect time to introduce a new generation to MARVEL BOY. Check out 10 reasons why this should be your new favorite comic.
1. Because it has Kirby Machines
2. Because Doctor Midas has a collection that would make even the biggest Marvel fans jealous
3. Because MARVEL BOY features the best barefoot action sequences since "Die Hard"
4. Because Noh-Varr somehow makes shorts look intimidating
5. Because there are Bannermen
6. Because Noh-Varr took out a sentient corporation with a cosmic bullet while dangling from a helicopter
7. Because Exterminatrix does not mess around
8. Because Noh-Varr and Exterminatrix go on the most morbid first date ever
9. Because Doctor Midas has a way with similes
10. Because Exterminatrix has great communication skills