From August 4 through 10, YouTube will celebrate geek culture with a special programming event, the first-ever YouTube Geek Week, featuring brand new Marvel content, including the exclusive debut of an all-new trailer for Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" on Wednesday, August 7!
Fans at Marvel Studios' presentation during Comic-Con International this past weekend got a big new look at Thor's next adventure, but come August 7 you can catch the new trailer for yourself exclusively on YouTube!
The new trailer for "Thor: The Dark World" will debut as part of Super Wednesday, a celebration of super heroes, the supernatural, and the super-weird. Watch crazy news, death-defying stunts, real-life super powers and more. Stay glued to youtube.com/marvel and youtube.com/geekweek throughout Geek Week to see new Marvel content including a brand new episode of Marvel Super Heroes: What The--?! and more!
Keep your eyes on Marvel.com for even more on "Thor: The Dark World" as we get ready for the new trailer August 7, and in the meantime like Thor on Facebook and follow @ThorMovies on Twitter for the latest on the Odinson!
For more on Geek Week, check out the official press release below:
San Bruno, California (July 24, 2013): There’s never been a better time to be a geek. From Game of Thrones and The Big Bang Theory, to Harry Potter and The Avengers, geek culture is everywhere, attracting and connecting ever-expanding audiences. Today's obsession with all-things-geek has sparked a global community on YouTube, enabling fans around the world to express their love of super heroes, comics, gaming, science and sci-fi. On August 4-10, we’ll celebrate this content with a special programming event: our first-ever YouTube Geek Week (YouTube.com/GeekWeek).
“With more than half of our top 20 non-music channels dedicated to geek culture, YouTube has become a top destination for fans everywhere to create, share and watch geek content.” said Danielle Tiedt, Chief Marketing Officer, YouTube. "We’re excited to shine a spotlight on this global community during Geek Week and debut all-new videos and series created by some of our most popular channel partners.”
Produced in conjunction with geek powerhouse Nerdist, Geek Week will showcase more than 100 channels fans love, unveiling new videos, series premieres and creative collaborations - as well as highlighting some of the best geek videos and shows already on YouTube.
Each day is hosted by a different YouTube channel, who will introduce the highlights of the day in a special daily video, as well as launch exciting new content throughout the week.
- Blockbuster Sunday: A celebration of the iconic characters, movies and shows that define geek culture - plus a spotlight on the best original YouTube sci-fi, fantasy and animation. Intro hosted by FreddieW.
- Global Geekery Monday: Anime from Tokyo, comic-book heroes from Delhi and a celebration of Doctor Who. Explore geek culture from around the world. Intro hosted by YOMYOMF.
- Brainiac Tuesday: Science, education and knowledge channels that make YouTube the world's biggest platform for learning. Intro hosted by Veritasium and The Spangler Effect.
- Super Wednesday: From hilarious parodies to real-life super-powers, explore super heroes, the supernatural and the super-weird. Plus the exclusive launch of the new trailer for "Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World." Intro hosted by Stan Lee’s World of Heroes.
- Gaming Thursday: A gamers paradise, with live play-throughs, videogames in real life, game-inspired original series and much more. Intro hosted by Machinima and Maker Studios' Polaris.
- Fan Friday: Sci-fi-themed cooking, incredible cosplay and impassioned nerd debates as YouTube's biggest fans take center-stage. Intro hosted by Geek and Sundry.
For more information on Geek Week, including a look at additional content being showcased in UK, please visit https://sites.google.com/site/geekweekpress/home. Follow the event at #GeekWeek.