By Christina Pham
Your favorite Wallcrawler and his friends have made it to paradise--or so they think--in this preview from Sunday’s all-new episode of “Ultimate Spider-Man”!
To celebrate their desire for a vacation, we put together the Top 10 getaways of our beloved Marvel super heroes. Scroll down beneath the clip for the full list and see if your favorite destination made it!
Remember to check out “Ultimate Spider-Man” this Sunday at 11:00 a.m. ET inside Marvel Universe on Disney XD! Thwip thwip!
10. ATLANTIS – Grab your wetsuits and snorkeling gear, get your hands on a submarine, or, better yet, sprout some gills and make your way towards this underwater civilization! But don’t forget to knock on the Atlanteans’ gigantic dome when you get there.
Must Sees: Check out New Atlantis and all it has to offer, including Namor’s Palace and Little Lemuria!
Famous Inhabitants: Namor the Sub-Mariner
9. MADRIPOOR – Who says only heroes deserve a vacation every now and then? For all you super villains out there, we know you never truly take a day for yourselves, and since you’re permitted to basically do any type of business transaction, you can make this trip about business and pleasure!
Must Sees: Perhaps all you villains can check out Lowtown and make some sketchy deals here, but of course, keep a lookout and prepare yourselves for the worst.
Famous Inhabitants: Patch, Mister X, Viper, Tyger Tiger
8. MICROVERSE – Honey, I shrunk some Marvel super heroes! Really though, ask the Fantastic Four what it takes to reach the Microverse and we’re positive Reed Richards will break it down for you, atom-by-atom. Just think tiny--extremely and ridiculously tiny--since that’s what this dimension is all about, but keep in mind that big things come in small packages, so roam the area and take in the vast amount of space around you!
Must Sees: Homeworld and Kaliklak
Famous Inhabitants: Bug and Psycho-Man
7. WAKANDA – Yearning to take in more of nature in Africa? Head to the Black Panther’s kingdom of Wakanda and roam the lands. T'Challa is known to walk among his people too, so you might have the chance to catch a glimpse of him. Go for a swim in the Wakandan Reservoir, although you must not forget to lather on extra sunscreen--SPF 100 please. But on a more cautious note…stay away from the Hyena Clan if you wish to remain injury-free!
Must Sees: Come and visit the Royal Palace, home to Black Panther!
Famous Inhabitants: Black Panther
|The Savage Land|
6. SAVAGE LAND – Come roam some tropical terrain and see volcanoes while you’re at it, or hide behind some trees and take a peek at some dinosaurs. Located deep within Antarctica, the Savage Land is most certainly not for the faint of heart, but if you’re a thrill seeker and risk taker, then please, do visit.
Must Sees: Be extra cautious and don’t go alone if you’re heading to Skull Island…having some weapons on you might help too. And don’t forget to wear running shoes!
Famous Inhabitants: Skaar, Ka-Zar, Shanna, Zabu
5. SANDMAN ISLAND – As seen in this week’s episode of “Ultimate Spider-Man”! Flint just wants to play, right? Pay him a visit in the Bermuda Triangle and check out Sandman Island for some good ol’ fun in “paradise”!
Must Sees: Your method of transportation, in the event you need to GET OUT, pronto!
Famous Inhabitants: Flint Marko, a.k.a. Sandman
4. K’UN L’UN – This mystical city is more for the outdoorsy hero who longs to trek the mountaintops of Asia, or for the ones who wish to focus on their inner-energy. The city’s mountain chain is one of the longest ever, spanning over 1,860 miles, so give it a shot and see how far you can go without stopping. Remember, mind over matter!
Must Sees: Central Hall of Ancestors, Bridge of Destiny, Cave of the Dragon, Gate of Heaven, Tree of Immortality, Palace of the Dragon King, Garden of the P’an-Tao
Famous Inhabitants: Danny Rand, a.k.a. Iron Fist
3. ASGARD – Channel your inner-Asgardian and make your way to Thor’s homeland. Maybe the Son of Asgard will even give you a tour of the grounds. Even better, ask Thor if you can check out Mjolnir, or pay Heimdall a visit if you’re itching to get back to Earth, but remember to keep an eye out for Loki and his crafty endeavors!
Must Sees: Come meet Heimdall as he guards the gates of Bifrost, or bid him adieu if you’re making your way back to Earth!
Famous Inhabitants: Thor, Loki, Odin, Balder, Sif and the Warriors Three
2. KNOWHERE – Who wouldn’t want a decapitated Celestial head-turned-space station on their bucket list of vacation destinations? You can basically travel to any place in the universe, as well as any time period! Seriously, need we say more, apart from the fact that you should already be on your way to Knowhere?
Must Sees: Looking for an escape from reality or possibly a stress reliever? Check out the Continuum Cortex and travel to any place or time period, but be mindful of what you’re asking for…
Famous Inhabitants: Guardians of the Galaxy and Cosmo
|New York City|
1. NEW YORK CITY – The concrete jungle where dreams are made of…and conveniently where some of your favorite super heroes live, too! The possibilities are endless. Keep an eye out for Spidey as he swings from building to building, put your martial arts skills to the test with Daredevil, or ask Earth’s Mightiest Heroes for a tour of their mansion! Come for a week, stay for a lifetime, and pave your own path to becoming a true Marvel Universe New Yorker!
Must Sees: The Daily Bugle, Avengers Mansion, Stark Tower, Hell’s Kitchen, Sanctum Sanctorum and the Baxter Building.
Famous Inhabitants: The Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Daredevil and Luke Cage.