This week's episode of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." saw Coulson and his crew running from the government and chasing ghosts, all while one of their own reveled a bit in their bad side. Picking up where last week's shocking reveals left off, this could easily be called the tensest episode of the season – and not even a cameo from Patton Oswalt could lighten the mood. Okay, it lightened the mood a little.
Between all of the helicopter fights and snow tantrums, you may have missed a few of this adventure's best quips. Here are a few choice quotes from the episode, in no particular order!
1. Coulson: "Get on the comms. We’re enacting Odyssey protocol." Skye: "Odyssey protocol? What does that mean?" Coulson: "It means Fitz needs to finish his repairs, and we get the hell out of here." – Never has the order to retreat sounded so cool.
2. Coulson: "Skye, please tell me something good." Skye: "We have Internet." Coulson: "Yay. And boy, have I lowered my expectations." – After last week's shoot-out, the bullet-riddled Bus has definitely seen better days.
3. "This was big for me. Finally felt like I was a part of something, and now… it’s worthless." – Skye, as she says goodbye to her badge and less-than-a-day long career as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
4. "All right, all right. Put your arms down, Kaminski. You look like a West Texas cheerleader at a pep rally." – Garrett, admonishing a young Hydra agent's way too enthusiastic double-arm salute.
5. "Let’s go shopping." – Garrett, right before giving his Hydra squad the go ahead to raid the Fridge.
6. Simmons: "Well, at least we still have each other." Fitz: "Yeah, good. 'Cause the last thing I want is for things to change." Simmons: "Fitz, it’s too late for that." – Seems like there’s some real space forming between FitzSimmons.
7. "I don’t know, May! I don’t know. There’s gotta be something here! This means something! This has to mean something. The world needs us! Hydra is out there. We cannot let them win! We-we cannot let them define us! Do you understand that? We are not agents of nothing, we are agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and that still carries weight! It has to carry weight; after everything we’ve been through, that carries weight!" – Coulson, making a rallying speech sound absolutely heart breaking.
8. "Very soon you’re going to be issued your very own lanyard. Lanyards for others will be distributed on a case by case basis." – Agent Eric Koenig is very serious about lanyards.
Don't miss "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." next Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC!