Forget about Hydra or all of those Fridge escapees, the biggest adversary on this week's episode of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." was most definitely heartbreak. Fitz can't come clean about his feelings for Simmons, Skye's had to double-agent her way into a terrifying round-the-globe "romance" with Ward, and Coulson--well, let's just say the guy's not catching any breaks these days.
Between all of Blackout's energy blasts and Agent Koenig's curmudgeonly comments, you may have missed a few of this adventure's best quips. In no particular order, here are a few choice quotes from the episode!
1. Coulson: "A lot of those inmates are full-blown psychopaths--violent, impulsive." Skye: "And some with super powers. Lovely." – Skye really knows how to get to the heart of a bad situation.
2. "Yeah, we're safe here. But what about everyone else? The people that don't happen to have access to a top secret, underground shelter? What about them? I don't know if it's wise, but it's right. I'm taking a team, and that's the end of it." – You know, Coulson's rallying speeches are really getting back on track.
3. Koenig: "So you're not going to mention your grandfather?" Triplett: "That's not something I advertise. I don't want to be treated any different because I'm a legacy." Koenig: "If I was the grandson of a Howling Commando, I'd have that tattooed on my chest." – So would we, Koenig, so would we.
4. Koenig: "You gave yourself the name Skye?" Skye: "Well, the name they gave me at the orphanage was 'Mary Sue Poots,' so…" – Skye's secret origin, revealed!
5. Ward: "Everything is falling apart around us. We don't know how it will end. If there's something you want to tell her, don't wait." Fitz: "Maybe Simmons should check you again for a head injury, 'cause that's not the Ward that I know." – Oh Fitz, you don't know just how much Ward is not the Ward you know.
6. Simmons: "How do you know he's going to Portland?" Coulson: "Daniels was obsessed with a woman there. He called her his 'only light in the darkness.'" Simmons: "That's almost romantic! Almost…" – Remember, poetic compliments are never romantic when they come from obsessive creeps who control Darkforce energy.
7. Skye: "There's still no rush on us being an us. It's not...like it's a good time to start anything." Ward: "There's never a good time. We've gotta start somewhere." – Considering what Ward did to Agent Koenig right before this heart-to-"heart" with Skye, he's really gunning for Marcus Daniels' "Creep of the Week" title.
8. "You're safe. I'm still here. I promise, I'm still here with you." – And that's as close as Phil gets to a reunion with his cellist--whispering to her while she regains consciousness after being blasted with dissipating Darkforce energy. The life of an ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is a lonely one.
Don't miss an all-new episode of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." next Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC!