Well, that sure escalated quickly! Ward's big secret got revealed on this week's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," and now the people he tricked into calling him an ally have made it their mission to bring him and his Hydra boss to justice. Coulson's crew really went through a lot this week, both emotionally (Fitz really couldn't have taken Ward's double cross any worse) and physically (when Coulson tells you to buckle up, you buckle up).
Between all of Maria Hill's no-nonsense looks and Skye's cutting comments to her love interest-turned-kidnapper, you may have missed a few of this adventure's best quips. Here are a few choice quotes from the episode!
1. "Our congress is like kindergarten. 'Where is this Fridge? What was in there? Who or what is a Man-Thing?' I swear, I need a cocktail and a lobotomy." – Maria Hill has had it with all of the government's S.H.I.E.L.D. questions...but seriously, she knows about Man-Thing?
2. Simmons: "Between Garrett and May, seeing Audrey and – pancakes." Fitz: "Coulson's upset about pancakes now?" Simmons: "That's one way to cheer everyone up a bit, don't you think? I'll see if we have any in stock." Fitz: "I'll fire up the griddle." – A griddle? Now we can't stop picturing the dearly missed Agent Koenig spending Saturday mornings in the Providence kitchen, cooking up a hot breakfast for one.
3. "He died approximately ten hours ago of asphyxiation…after May left the premises. A thin wire was used to strangle him. His trachea is crushed, partially sliced through, so it was done in a hurry. Based on the angle of the lacerations, the killer was at least six-two, and strong enough to…lift him into…Ward did this." – Simmons gives her medical assessment of poor Agent Koenig, and outs our team's new archenemy in the process.
4. "Trust me, I'm gonna have a major freakout later." – Coulson, proving to Triplett that even veteran agents can't keep bad news from getting to them.
5. "If I come out, will you shoot me? 'Cause then I won't come out." – Coulson knows how to give Colonel Talbot the real tough guy treatment.
6. "We have told you of a known Hydra agent. He's getting away, and your little intimidation speech is keeping us from saving the life of a fellow agent--a friend." – Simmons doesn't let Colonel Talbot or his tiny little mustache intimidate her, not one bit.
7. Hill: "Get your people. We need to move." Coulson: "We?" – Yeah Coulson, you just got a new partner in asskicking named Maria Hill.
8. Ward: "You know how I feel about you, Skye." Skye: "So…even though you've been lying to everyone, about everything, you're saying your feelings for me –" Ward: "They're real, Skye. They always have been." Skye: "I'm gonna throw up." – Ward didn't know that Skye's biggest turn offs include "lying" and "being a serial killer." Sorry, man!
9. "Look, I get it, okay. You have to take Ward and Garrett down, but don't act like it's some officially sanctioned mission. It's a personal vendetta, and when it's done you should walk. Let your people go their separate ways." – Maria Hill drops some knowledge on Phil Coulson.
Don't miss "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." next Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC!