This week's flashback-filled episode of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." gave us new information about Ward's history, which we can sum up with the phrase "worst camping trip ever." But even after learning what led Ward toward his dark destiny, it's still really hard to muster any sympathy for the guy--especially considering the wild and wet ride he just sent FitzSimmons on. With Coulson's ragtag crew down a few members and Garrett hopped up on super juice, we have to admit that things have never been bleaker for our heroes. Between all of the old school S.H.I.E.L.D. tech and even more of Cybertek's master machinations, you may have missed a few of this adventure's best quips. Here are a few choice quotes from the episode!
1. "Let me be clear: going with me will be the hardest thing you've ever done, but, on the other hand, no one will ever screw with you again. Say yes. It'll be hard, but fun." – Agent Garrett really gave Ward the hard sell, and neglected to mention all of the extreme camping he had in store for his recruit.
2. Coulson: "We have no authority to do this. We're no longer S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, we're--" Fitz: "We're vigilantes." Coulson: "I was gonna say, 'doing this because it's the right thing to do,' but, yeah. So if you're with me, I'm gonna finish what I started. I'll be damned if I'm going to let Garrett and Ward get away with murder. And I want my plane back." – Coulson's determination is totally justified, because it is a really cool plane.
3. "Now Trip was generous enough to offer up some of his granddad's spy tech to help us out. We should systematically take a full inventory of every--oh my god, is that a handheld hypno-beam?!" – Turns out that Coulson nerds out over more than just Captain America memorabilia.
4. May: "Does your sweater itch?" Coulson: "Little bit." – The senior agents are learning a thing or two about what Fitz and Simmons put up with, at least where their nerd-chic wardrobes are concerned.
5. "Skye, Trip--get ready for a large file transfer." – Sure Coulson, that's one way to put shoving a filing cabinet through a window from a few stories up!
6. "Pizza delivery for Pablo Jimenez?" – A pizza delivery guy, unknowingly serving former agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Phil Coulson by a motel pool.
7. May: "I'm furious, but I sure as hell am not going to waste it on a tantrum. I'm gonna mine it, save it, and when we find Ward, I'm going to use every bit of it to take him down." Skye: "Wish I knew how to use that hate-fu." – Finally, these two are bonding...over their mutual desire to obliterate Grant Ward.
8. "You remember when we first met, I told you I worked for a secret organization? Well, it's more like I work for a secret organization inside another secret organization. You ever heard of Hydra? Hydra understands the importance of survival." – Younger Garrett to younger Ward, thus starting the misguided youth on the dark path he still walks today.
Don't miss the "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." season finale next Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC!