Just like John Garrett, the first season of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." went out with a bang! Coulson and his crew emerged from their season long battle against Centipede, Cybertek, and Hydra victorious--and more than a little banged up. Ward's been arrested and Fitz--poor Fitz--lives, but remained absent from the unit's tearful reunion at the end of the episode. But a new S.H.I.E.L.D. has emerged from the wreckage of the old one, one headed up by Director Phil Coulson at the request of Nick Fury. In between the revenge-fueled fisticuffs and Deathlok's long-awaited redemption, you may have missed a few of this adventure's best quips. Here are a few choice quotes from the episode!
1. "So who do we talk to about getting a haircut?" – Agent Coulson, testing out his new battle cry before going up against a squad of Cybertek soldiers.
2. Simmons: "What's happening?" Fitz: "I spent the last hour trying to figure out why we sank. We're at the bottom of the ocean, in case you missed that bit." – Simmons woke up into a nightmare of a situation.
3. "Backup isn’t coming. It will be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned, but Fury always said a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people that share that conviction can change the world. So what do you say? You ready to change the world?" – Coulson's back at the top of his rallying speech game.
4. Coulson: "Bring the noisemaker?" Trip: "Sir, I bring the noise and the funk wherever I go." – Antoine Triplett: agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., phenomenal wedding DJ?
5. "You know about Skye's parents, about the darkness that lies inside her. I believe in a world where her true nature will reveal itself. And when that day comes, maybe you two could be monsters together." – Raina, playing malicious matchmaker with potential monsters Ward and Skye.
6. "This is a bomb. You know what those do, and you've seen Agent May here through the eyes of your super-soldiers, so you know what she does. You don't want to mess with us, is my point." – Looks like Skye's mastered the art of intimidation.
7. Skye: "I have a weapon much better than a bomb that will absolutely destroy you." Ward: "Why's that?" Skye: "Because you slept with her, and she's really pissed off." – And cue Agent May punching her way into the scene.
8. Coulson: "Sir?" Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge." – To be fair, Nick Fury's dressed like an incredibly cool guy that lives under a bridge.
9. Garrett: "Phil, I'm surprised you even tried to stop me. Of course I don't blame you, Nick. You haven't seen the big picture, the big bang, but Phil here has. We share a bond. We're blood brothers." Fury: "You didn't tell me he'd gone this crazy." Coulson: "He's really stepped it up a notch." – Good to know that everyone, even Ward, is on the same page about Garrett being out of his mind.
10. Fury: "It was a break glass in case of emergency situation." Coulson: "Yes, but that emergency was supposed to be the fall of an Avenger." Fury: "Exactly. And I'm damn glad I did it, too." – Nick Fury explaining why he brought Coulson back to life and paying the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Earth's Mightiest Compliment.
Don't miss "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." when it returns for Season 2 this fall on ABC!